Tuesday 12 November 2013

Review: Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Eyeliner

Hi!

Just thought I'd pop on an do a quick review on a recent purchase from Superdrug. Now, this is a very mixed review and I kind of wish it wasn't as I was really excited for this product. 

Teal


It is the Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Eyeliner in the colour Teal. I do not have an eye liner this colour so I thought it would be really fun to switch things up for Autumn/Winter. I swatched the navy one in the store and wasn't wowed by it so I chose the teal to purchase. I swatched the teal one at home and was very pleased with the way the colour flowed, the colour pay off and the colour itself. However, it wasn't until a few days had passed that I actually got to try it on my eyes. 

Instagram: @shewhobelieves_beauty

The line was thick as the felt tip was quite large. That already was a downfall for me. Nonetheless, I was happy with the application as it was smooth to apply and the colour pay off was great. Lo and behold did I regret putting it on my lid!! I'll tell you why. I usually do makeup looks for my Instagram late afternoon, early evening as that is when I have time. Thank God for that. I removed the makeup with a wipe and only when I looked into a mirror did I realise that my skin was green. Yes, green. Almost like I took a marker pen and squeezed the ink on my face. Yikes! As I frantically wiped away at my eyes with the wipe, more product was coming off my wipe and onto my face. I had ink everywhere. And, IT STAINED. Even after I washed my face with my trustee cleanser. Never again. My eyes were still stained the next morning but it wasn't shocking enough for me to cancel my day and stay at home haha. 

The product was affordable hence why I don't mind throwing it away but it's so frustrating as the colour is so pretty. Have you tried this? What do you guys think? 

Product: 3 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 1 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5
Would I purchase again? NO! 

Love, Fatima xx

No comments:

Post a Comment