Thursday 12 December 2013

Rave Review! | Covergirl lash blast volume mascara.

Hello beautiful readers and friends!

As 2013 is coming to an end, I can't help but notice that this year has flown past! I turned 20 this year, had ups (weddings, babies) and downs (deaths).

On a brighter note, I have also discovered what I think may be my HG (holy grail) volumizing mascara. As the title suggests, it is by COVERGIRL. And for those of you who may not know what COVERGIRL is, it's a cosmetic brand that can be found in US drugstores. Yes, a drugstore mascara has made it as a HG. This isn't a shock to me as I actually prefer drugstore mascara's to higher end ones because where can you find a cheap mascara that works just as well or even better than a department store one, right?!

Anyway, enough waffling and let me get down to the nitty gritty.


COVERGIRL have a few formulas of the LashBlast mascara but I've only tried the volumizing one. This is because we don't have COVERGIRL in our drugstores (Boots, Superdrug) *plays sad violin music*. However, you can find it on Ebay, and to no surprise, they're selling it for about £5 extra. Hmph.

This mascara comes in a bright orange tube, which is simple and sleek. What I love about the packaging most US drugstores have their mascaras in, is that the brush is not in the tube. The tube has a screw lid on it and the brush is next to it so you can really see what the bristles look like before purchasing. The bristles on this mascara are plastic, short and very round. Something like Max Factor's false lash effect mascara. In fact, the tube is pretty much the same too (refer to photo above).

As the formula name suggests, this mascara is volumizing after just one coat, BUTTT *drum roll* what blew me away was that I could layer this mascara until my hand hurts and it would not clump! Obviously that statement is just a figure of speech as I do have ADHD and I will not stand at a mirror and layer my mascara until my hand hurts but honestly, this mascara was made for layering without it looking spidery.

Best believe, I am stocking up on this mascara as I fear it will be discontinued. COVERGIRL, if you are reading this, please, don't. x

As some of you may be wondering how I got this mascara.. well no, I did not pay nearly £10 on Ebay. My lovely friend who came to London from Canada got me a tube along with some other lovely goodies! This mascara retails at around $6.00 to $7.00 in the states which is about £3.00 to £5.00 (don't quote me). BARGAIN!

Product: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5
Would I purchase again? YES a billion times.

What's your HG mascara? 

Love, Fatima xxx

*photo courtesy of www.target.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment