Thursday 13 February 2014

Do it Yourself! | Tumeric face mask



Hello my loves!

As promised, I'm now blogging my all time favourite tumeric face mask. It's for acne prone skin but I do not suffer from acne a great deal. Unless the hated season has come upon me (girls, you know x). So, I tend to use this mask to liven up my dull, drab complexion, especially during winter times. However, this mask can be worn all year round (moderately of course).

Lets begin! All these things can be found in your kitchen cupboard, but if you can't, they're quite cheap to purchase from the supermarket!

You will need:

1) Gram flour (2 tbsp)
2) Olive oil or almond oil (1 tbsp)
3) Milk (1-2 tbsp depending on your preferred consistency)
4) Tumeric (1/2 tsp)
Ingredients

Method:

1) Mix all ingredients together till they form a smooth paste like consistency (gram flour can be substituted for normal all purpose (plain) flour but I prefer the consistency of gram flour better)

Tumeric paste

2) Make sure you cleanse your face of any dirt, impurities and makeup. Dry your face but leave it a bit damp.

3) Pop a layer (thickness of your choice) all over face avoiding eye area (as tumeric is a spice) and leave until partially dry.

4) Wash gently using circular motions. Dry using patting motions. I also like to apply coconut oil to moisturise after (if I use the mask before bed time).

Extra information: 

What is gram flour? 

Gram flour is also known as "garbanzo bean flour" in the states and it is ground chickpea flour. It is used in many countries but is a staple flour used in Indian cuisine.

Gram flour. 85p from my local Afghan grocer
Tumeric paste

Tumeric paste is used widely in India and is spread on the brides arms and face before she is married off to her groom.This allows the skin to look beautiful and glowy. It also prevents many skin conditions such as pigmentation, acne, stretch marks and blemishes.


Washing the mask off

I found that when I left the mask to fully dry on my face, it was ridiculously difficult to wash off. So, you can either let the mask partially dry rather than fully dry before you wash it off. Or, wash you face with warm water concentrating on small areas and using circular motions.

Results

This mask literally gave me immediate results. Like I said, I do not suffer from persistent acne but I did notice that this mask made my skin sooo soft and glowy. I also made my sister use it and she noticed more effects than I did as she does not really bother with skin care. LOL!

Yellow face?!?!

This mask uses such a small amount of tumeric that it does not stain the face!! :)


I hope this blog post helps!

Lots of love,

Fatima xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment