Saturday 2 February 2013

Inglot releases breathable nail varnish line: O2M!

Inglot Cosmetics, a European, Polish cosmetic brand has recently released a nail varnish line that's breathable. The line called O2M has 14 nail colours for the summer collection and 23 colours in the overall, generic line. 


The reason why these nail varnishes are so special is because water can go through it, which means that they're perfect for Muslim women, like me! 

Why are they perfect you may ask? Well, Muslims make wudhu (ritual washing of body parts) before they pray. So having a barrier like normal nail varnish would prevent water touching the nails which nullifies our wudhu. The only time when Muslim women can wear nail varnish is when we're on our monthly cycle as we do not need to pray. 

Anyway, these nail varnishes are made with a polymer (soft polymer me thinks!) that is found in contact lenses, which allows water to pass through to touch the nail. 

Although I haven't tried these nail varnishes, I've seen mixed reviews. The most exciting one is that Muslim women can now freely wear nail varnish every day (unless they're shy, like me!!) and the negative review was that even after SO many coats, the colour is sheer and far from opaque. Having heard these reviews, I'm still quite eager to give these a try, although I don't think I would wear them on a day to day basis. 

Would you try these? Have you tried them?? What do you reckon? 

Love, Fatima XOXO

*Photo courtesy of Google*

No comments:

Post a Comment