Monday 14 July 2014

Review | Eyeko London - Skinny Liquid Eyeliner

Helloooo beauties! 

I hope you're all happy and well! & ramadhaan mubarak to those of you fasting ❤️ 


Now, if you're like me and you're completely obsessed (not in a freaky way) with the Pixiwoo sisters, you'll definitely know about a brand called Eyeko. I've always wanted to see what the hype was all about but I never really got round to purchasing any products from them. 

So, you can only imagine how quickly I picked up last months Glamour magazine issue which had an Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner freebie with it. If I didn't like it, it only cost me £2 anyway which is no biggie. And if I did like it, hurrah! 

They were offering black or navy, and me being me, obviously went with navy because 1) I'm rebellious and 2) I do not own a navy liquid liner! 


For a "skinny liner" the nib is quite fat but the point is quite thin even though the product doesn't reach there. When I first swatched it, it appeared a little dry so I did this trick (a makeup counter girl taught me) where you push the felt nib on your hand (or a tissue) to release some of the liquid to the tip. Nifty. Oh and the colour guide on the bottom of the pen looks teal, but the actual colour of the product is waaay more darker and navier.

 
(The 1st line was applied with a lot of pressure whereas the 2nd was not) 

Colour oozed out the nib to my skin, but it dried like biro pen ink. No joke. Ever got biro pen ink on your books or hands and it looks shiny, almost irridescent purple? Yeah. That's how it looks. 


So, 1st impressions were a failure, but "if at first you don't win, try again" (is that even a legit quote?). I applied it on my eyes, and I realised the more I layered it on (because it was still quite dry) the more biro ink like it looked. However, I gave it a chance on my eyelid just to see if it lived up to the "smudge-proof, fade-proof and above all foolproof" slogan on the box. Well no, it didn't. In the liquid liners defence, I do have hooded, oily lids so that may be the reason the liner transfered on my eyelid. PET PEEVE. By now I've given up so I decide to wipe it off as I would wipe off any makeup product but lo and behold, it stained the skin around my eyes. "NO. I did not get into a fight mom" ...yeah. 

I really do not like being negative about a product, and what does not work for me might actually work for you but this review is just a guideline for those of you who might want to purchase this product and may have similar eyelid features to me. 

Having said all that, I'm sure that Eyeko is a wonderful brand as they are raved about in bloggerspheare and I would love to try out their mascaras and other products they do. However, that eyeliner just didn't do it for me. 

The packaging is BEAUTIFUL though. If I was just to buy based on packaging, I'd buy them all! 

Overall rating 3/5
Product rating 2/5
Packaging rating 5(6)/5 
Would I buy again? Not the particular product but maybe other products in the line. 

Love, 

Fatima xxx


1 comment:

  1. I'm lovingggg your blog! good work, keep it up! <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete