Friday 9 May 2014

Review | Superdrug Colour Effects Conditioning Colour

Helllooooo beautiful readers! I hope you're all well.

I've had some comments about my previous post being a tad bit too long but I won't apologise because I know it has helped some people. BUT I promise I'll make this one as quick and short as possible. 


I'm going to be reviewing a product that my grandmother uses which she loves very much. I don't think I have any mature women or grandmothers reading my posts but if you know someone that this product could help, then let them know! This product is a "wash in - wash out" product that dyes hair. Essentially, it's a shampoo that covers grays or spruces up an old/bad dye job. 


My grandmother has gray roots which she wishes to cover and this product is like a God send for her. I mean, who wants to stay in the shower for hours on end picking bits of henna out of your hair? It's very easy to apply and wash off too. She makes her hair damp (or you can use it after you shower on wet towel dried hair) and I apply it to the gray hairs. She then covers her hair with a bag, does her daily activities (she usually leaves it on for like 20-30 minutes) then I wash it off over a bucket. Simples. 

My grandmother said she prefers this over henna as it's quick and convenient, and she also says it lasts on her hair for about 3-4 weeks. 

Superdrug have changed the formula and it smells reaaaally nice! They also changed the price from 99p a bottle to £1.49 I believe. I mean, it's still very affordable and you will get up to 3 applications from one 75ml bottle. I have used this once but I haven't noticed a big difference apart from when I'm in direct light as my hairs very dark so I would only recommend it to cover grays. Superdrug also has a range of colours from blondes to reds and browns. It also slightly stains my hand after applying it for my gran but it does wash off. 

Product: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5
Would I (my grandmother) purchase again? YES. She's purchased SO many over the months/years.

I'm not used to writing short posts so I hope this made sense and it's helpful!

Lots of love, 
Fatima xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment