Tuesday 22 April 2014

Primark P.S. Love... Makeup first impressions

Hello beauties!

Now, I was in 2 minds about doing this blog post as I didn't think it was useful. However, I chose to write this because even if it helps one person, I'm happy.

Primark have always sold makeup but recently, they have completely re vamped their line and went all out with the brand! The brand is called P.S. Love... which I'd love to be enlightened on what inspired it (as I don't find it creative). Sadly, my local Primark's are a bit.. meh and do not sell much of the makeup so this post is only about what I could get my hands on. Hence why I thought it wasn't useful.

First of all, I managed to find the eyeshadow palette I really wanted to get my hands on which is the neutrals palette with 8 beautiful shades in. They call this their 8 Shade Day Eye Shadow Palette, which is totally reasonable as the shadows are extremely wearable during the day. 


 My favourites are the shimmer colours as they are very pigmented however, they do feel creamy to the touch which I don't know if it's a good thing because that comes with a LOT of chunky fall out. The other colours have a sort of satin finish which is really pretty and they too are extremely pigmented. The camel colour doesn't show up on my skin as good as the other but I can imagine that this will be a great transition/blending out colour! 

Yay for hurrrry arms! (too lazy to wax grr)

These are the swatches without a base or primer! As you can see, such beautiful colours and extremely pigmented. The satin shades come off quite chalky at first but once layered they look great! All in all, this palette is a must recommend as it is only £2.50 and is great for anyone starting out with makeup or anyone on a tight budget. I also believe they have a night palette but I do not own one. 


The other thing I got is a lipstick that apparently has no colour but that's totally okay because it is *beep* amazing! I do not know how may colours are in the collection but I did purchase this bright neutral/cool pink (which I did think was going to be a mauve pink when i saw it in the store). The texture feels like a lipbalm but it is extremely pigmented and long lasting! I love the tint it leaves on my lips even after I wipe it off. It also smells fruity which is quite pleasant! and it's only £1!


All in all, the packaging of both lipsticks and eyeshadow palettes are quite nice and remind me of Sleek. Because they are so affordable, I'd definitely recommend them just to try out and have fun with them. I believe that there are a lot more in the P.S. Love... range such as eyeliners, lipbalms, and a whole variety of lashes! 

I hope this helped! If anyone would like me to do a makeup look using the eyeshadows, then please feel free to ask. I can't wait to play around with it! 

Also, make sure to follow me on Instagram @shewhobelieves_beauty. 

Love, Fatima xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment